Saturday, November 27, 2004

Day after Thanksgiving

Ok, today I had a BLAST! This morning after breakfast, we put up our Christmas tree!!! The kids were sooooooooooo excited! They made up songs about the Christmas tree and danced and hopped and jumped and clapped, and helped put everything on the tree. I have candy canes clumped together in one spot, tinsel strewn here and there (Adam put it on my rubber tree, but some wound up on the Christmas tree afterall.) We have clusters of ornaments that ordinarily I would be equally distributing all over the tree, but this year, I could care less. As long as the kids were happy putting it up (and they WERE!), that was all I much cared. Many (most) of my ornaments are not breakable, and I put a bunch of red ribbons on it, so thankfully our tree this year is pretty kid-friendly. I'm not much for having all the ornaments match - my tree is rather hodge-podge. I put things on the tree that mean something to me or remind me of people, places, etc. So, Martha Steward would not be able to stand it, in other words. But hey, my kids think it is the most beautiful thing that ever was, so I'm a happy girl! :O)

I forgot to mention that the other night John made the kids some indian clothes for the kids out of grocery bags. (We had read the Thanksgiving story to them, so we had to get all in the "holiday spirit" ya know!)

The dresses are done! Here are some pics of the last few days. Didn't have any award-winning pics, but at least you can see what we've been up to!

Dresses
Backs of Dresses
Adam making vest
Aleksa's vest
Liana's vest
Hand Turkeys

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't see the pics either.

Marnie said...

No luck here either.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww Shelly!

What CUTE CUTE CUTE photos! I LOVE them. What cool memories for the kids!! I especially love the turkeys. I may have to steal that idea for next year. The two years that the boys have been home for Thanksgiving, we have made special gifts for everyone that comes to our house for dinner. Last year, we made corn-print napkins (roll ears of corn in paint and then on a cotton napkin). And this year we made handprint turkeys, the boys wrote things they were thankful for around them and lamintated them for placemats for everyone. But I've never seen using their foot for the body. CUTE idea!

I'm so impressed with the dresses. And the hats!! The kids look great! I'm sure you are all very excited for your first Christmas together. I know ours last year was a dream come true! Congrats and keep up the wonderful work!

Penney
Family #646
http://www.mizellbrooks.homestead.com