Sunday, November 07, 2004

Naughty 'Leksa!

Liana said her verse today for Sunday School, so she got a toy from the teacher. It is a little bear that has hearts on it's shirt. We suggested that she name it Valentina, so she's been calling it Valya. Funny to hear that name around here again.

Aleksa was a grump today. Oy. She's been crying at the drop of a hat today for some reason. I thought I was the only one who did that around here! At church she was clicking her pen on and off and on and off (driving me crazy!), so I took it away. She cried a little bit (silently, but she was definitely sulking), and then during the closing prayer, something or other happened and she hit Liana. I grabbed her hand and said, "Aleksa!" (quietly, of course). She started SCREAMING. She's just gotta cut that out! So, I had to put my hand over her mouth to muffle her scream, plus make my way out of the pew without tripping, and then run out of the auditorium. Mama was not happy. 'Leksa got in a weeeeee bit of trouble over that one.

Found out the kids are going to be in the Christmas play for their Jr. Church class. It's a "Christmas around the world" theme, and one of the speaking parts goes to Adam, who gets to say a line about how they celebrate Christmas in Ukraine! Apparently, Jesus is referred to as the "Open Door" by Christians in Ukraine, so his line has something to do with that, plus they sing a song about it. (Never heard that, has anyone else out there?) I asked their teacher if this would be a good opportunity for them to wear their Ukrainian folk dress. She sounded excited at the possibility, so I guess it's a go! (That reminds me... Gotta get the kids in to get their pictures taken with them before they completely outgrow them.)

No comments: