Monday, August 15, 2005

Thank you North America!

<

We got three boxes of shoes/undies all at once today, and the kids about had a field day with excitement. They all three helped ripped open the *very* well-packed boxes, and oohed and aaahed over the fabulous shoes and undies. I've been overwhelmed with how far-flung people have been sending their "stuff" from. We've had two packages from Canada, one from HI (I think that's the abbreviation for Hawaii, right?), NY, CT, TX, one of the Carolinas (can't remember which right now), IL, MN, WI, FL, NJ and I'm absolutely certain that I've forgotten a few places. (These are off the top of my head, so please forgive me if I've forgotten your state.)

I just hauled *everything* out today to count up what we've got, and not including the $60 that the kids get to shop with (they'll do that tomorrow since we now know what we have and what we might need), we have 321 pairs of undies and 64 pairs of shoes (and they are all NICE shoes at that!), 2 pairs of boots, 1 pair of mittens, 46 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of tights, and 30 toothbrushes.

Once I pulled all the "goods" out to count, the kids really started to get excited about our project. They went through their closets (again!) to find shoes that are probably outgrown and then started scrubbing them up to send. Liana and Adam sat out on the deck scrubbing their old shoes for a good long time chattering about which of their friends they hoped would get new shoes.

Feels great to be able to do this. Thanks so much everyone. You did a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I am sooo pleased that people contributed for such a worthwhile cause -
I hope my box arrived in one piece - I sure did use lots of tape!
Best wishes for Happy Adoption Day on Wednesday and sending the box. Can't wait to see pictures of how big it will be :-)
Thanks again for allowing us to contribute.
Holly