Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Clean Garage

Leksa was playing, and Liana was sweeping the garage when up the driveway comes a police officer. I was sitting just inside the garage, so he drove alllll the way up the driveway (which is rather long) to talk to me. He wanted to know if I'd seen a white van with anyone in it who have been knocking on peoples' doors. Nope. I hadn't seen it.

As he was getting ready to pull away, he noticed Liana and the broom. He says to her, "Well, you keep on cleaning young lady!" Liana looks up at him bewildered and saucer-eyed. I quickly nodded and said, "Yeah, Liana, the policeman said so!" and then I gave him a double thumbs up behind her back. Then he added, "And I'll be back tomorrow to check out your work!" He laughed all the way back down the driveway...

I've never had a better swept garage....

5 comments:

Andrew McAllister said...

What was he thinking?

He easily could have said, "And never leave dirty clothes on your floor for the rest of your life." You know, something with some staying power. I'm just saying.

Anonymous said...

You're RIGHT! He messed up a golden opportunity there!

*clucks cheeks and sadly shakes head*

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»