Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Candy Cakes and Dr. Seuss

Yesterday was the first "good" snow of the season. The kids had a blast running around the yard making snowballs. While we were outside, a siren went off. Not sure why - it wasn't 5:00 and there wasn't a tornado in sight! Anyway, Aleksa started screaming and she was in my arms before we could count to three. So, she and I went inside and made some hot chocolate with candy canes as stir-sticks for everyone when they came in. (Aleksa calls them "candy cakes.") (I can't bring myself to correct her. It's just too cute.)

Last night, Aleksa poked her nose in our bedroom door, and said, "Mama, I come in?" I said, "Would you could you?" And then she said, "In a boat?" (We read a lot of Dr. Seuss around here, can you tell?)

Speaking of, a few weeks ago (I can't remember if I mentioned this or not, so sorry if this is an old story), a friend was over and she asked Aleksa where she got her Twinkle bear. Aleksa didn't know, so I said, "Aleksa, tell her Aunt Darla gave it to you." She said, "Aunt Annie's alligator, a-a-a." I thought that was pretty funny, but I'm sure glad she's getting a little phonics in her head before she really needs it! ;O)

I've been delinquent with this blog lately, but I've been working on my Christmas cards in the evenings, as well as our adoption announcements. It's high time we get those sent out, don't you think? ;O) I'm almost done, but I'll probably need another evening of addressing envelopes.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Shar, I think Zoe would love for you to read to her... as long as it meant some head-scratching and lap-sitting.

Otherwise, you just come right on over here and plop a kid on your lap and have at it. When one is sick of it (never happens) another one will be willing to hop up and take over. You'll go hoarse, but you'll be happy! When you come to La Crosse next time, please swing over!!!

xox

Shelly