Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Christmas Shopping!

Last night was one of the most incredibly fun days I've had in a lonnnnng time. John stayed with the kids while I went out Christmas shopping!!!! I was in tears a few times thinking, "I can't believe I have a little boy AND TWO little girls to buy toys for!!!" I decided it was time to go home when every time I turned a corner with the shopping cart things would fall off. *Bliss* I've waited a long time to shop for children. Fun to get my chance!

Thanks to all who made suggestions for Adam. I got him some more Legos, (can you ever have enough of those?), a transformer, a hotwheels loopedy-loop-thingie, a toy pirate ship, a sled and lots of other things that I can't think of right now. (Also the basics like little green army men, some art supplies (including his own stapler!), etc. John and I still need to get him some kind of a toybox though. He likes to stuff all his toys on his bookshelves and in his lego-box under his bed. As nice as he likes to keep his room, we really need to get that boy somewhere official to put his stuff. Couldn't find a magic set anywhere. :O(

The girls got lots of girly things like their own little tiaras, dress-up shoes, (I haven't found any dress-up clothes that I was sure would fit Liana :O( ), lip gloss, a weaving loom, beads, art supplies, a step-stool for Aleksa, megablocks, a toy stove, pretend food, play dishes, a grocery cart, etc. Plus they'll get the wooden cupboard that I had when I was little, as well as a dollhouse I had.

In short, I CAN'T WAIT to watch them open presents!!!! How many more days 'til Christmas again????? :O)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It won't be long now Shelly! 2 weeks and 3 days...they will go by so fast for you.

I will testify that , yes, her cart was over flowing and she had such a happy :oD look and smile on her face when she was on her way to the check out!

We are so happy for you!

Mark and Fausta

Anonymous said...

NOW you know how happy God is when He gives good things to YOU! I am ONCE AGAIN moved to tears at reading your journal. Thanks for the window into your life! I bet the kids will have A BLAST on Christmas! --Laurel in Tulsa