Monday, December 13, 2004

Christmas Guitar

We had our annual Christmas Cantata at church last night. The two older kids got to sing a song with the rest of their Patch the Pirate group. Liana had been telling us all week that she and Adam were going to play the guitar on Sunday, and all week I had been scratching my head wondering what on earth she was talking about. Well, this afternoon when we mentioned the cantata, she said, "See, Mama, guitar!" She was sorely disappointed that it wasn't "guitar" she heard, but "cantata."

Anyway, they basically mouthed the words to the song - it had lots of fast, complicated words, so they were lost, lost, lost. But they were still cute though, and I was still a proud Mama! ;O)

Aleksa got to sit with me, and boy was she GOOD. She snuggled right in and never said a word. UNTIL... In the play part of the cantata, the main character is named "Missy." "Missy" is what I call the girls when they are being a little naughty. Aleksa's eyes got big and she said, "Missy, Mama!?" And then she sat in awe wondering what naughty thing the girl in the play had done. It was cute and I had to chuckle. She's my little Sunshine Glurl alright!

Afterwards, the lady sitting next to me said, "So, how's it feel to have such a sweetheart to cuddle up with?" I'm not quite sure you can really communicate how that feels. To go from NO kids in your lap to such snugglers as we have is wow, indescribable. So glad the Empty Lap Syndrome days are long behind me. I hated sitting on my hands wondering when it would be my turn to hold my baby. Very, very happy Mama.

No comments: