Thursday, December 16, 2004

Mind-of-their-own Toilets

Today at the library, Liana asked to go to the bathroom. She often asks for Mama to come into the stall with her if we are someplace away from home, so, in I went. Well, she got half-way "done" and all of a sudden, the toilet flushed by itself. My poor kid was so scared she got up and ran to the other side of the stall (we were in a handicap-access stall). She didn't cry, but she stood there, pants around her ankles, with a freaked out look on her face. I convinced her to sit down and finish up and when she sat down to proceed - you guessed it - the toilet flushed again! She decided that was enough and declared herself finished. Poor kid will probably have nightmares about that. As long as she doesn't start wanting to go outside in the bushes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Liana! They scare me too and I know to expect it. Shelly you have the best post-adoption board on the internet. You should publish a book after a year of observing these (profound!) day-to-day activities, keeping the format you have in your blog.

Happy holidays, I'm off to Europe for a few weeks and I look forward to catching up when I get back.

Sharon from MD

Shelly said...

EUROPE!? You lucky duck! Hope you have a great time!!!