Saturday, January 29, 2005

Different Dresses

Well, the day came already. *pouts* Liana and Papa and I were talking about church in the morning, and Liana asked if she could wear a dress that was different than her sister's. *pouts some more* She wasn't supposed to decide that was "uncool" so soon! I want another three years of dressing them alike! I want matching bloomers! Matching hats! Matching ginghams! Matching tights! Hair accessories! Shawls! *sniffs*

We'll just have to see about this. Mama ain't ready to throw in the towel of dressing them the same quite yet. They can dress the way they want for the rest of the week, but shouldn't Mama git ta pick their clothes for Sundays? Sheesh.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Well, I agree that 9th grade is a bit old for dressing them the same, but sheesh! Liana is only 6 yrs old! I sure thought I had more time than this to play the part of the obsessive dress-em-alike mom. Maybe if I make MYSELF a matching dress too then I could still get away with it and they'll think it's cool to match ME instead of their sister... I'm not giving up that easily! To be continued!

Shelly

Anonymous said...

So funny Shelly!!! I remember holding back tears when ALicyn and Lauryn came up to me ( very serious of course) Mom, we don't want to wear the same outfits anymore. Alicyn " I like blue, she likes red, isn't that ok?? OR Alicyn " Mom when I get older, I am dying my hair so I can be my own person!" To sad... But your kids are cute with anything on! But I truly understand that thought!!!! Or my favorite! I said
" Girls, what do you want for your birthdays?" "WE don't want to share dressers or underwear anymore. We want to have our own stuff"

Anonymous said...

HMMMM! I always wanted a Sister-maybe I should consider my self lucky to be the only girl ;). At least I didn't get my brother's hand me downs!

Kids do grow up fast don't they?

Fausta