Monday, January 17, 2005

Reunion!

What a busy, busy weekend! Saturday was a busy day for me because I made some babka bread for a Ukie Reunion on Sunday. Thinking this kind of bread *had* to take less time than the kolach, I decided to tackle it. It took over 10 hours. Thass enuff Ukie bread for a while. Oy. The bad thing was that the babka was absolutely delicious, so I know I *will* be having to make that one again. Good thing it is supposed to be Easter bread. Gets me off the hook for the rest of the year.

Sunday was so fun! There are lots of WI families that have adopted from UA; especially in the southwestern part of the state. We made a 2 1/2 hr. trek to Platteville yesterday for a reunion.

The cool part was that there was another family there who adopted from the same orphanage we did, and their twin daughters were good pals with Adam. They were in the same groupa!

Adam got attacked with hugs as he was trying to take his coat off. Lots of squeals and happy sounds yesterday. (And I might have caught a few "special moments" on film as blackmail pics when they're older...)

It was especially fun for me to get to talk with the girls' mom for a while. She was one of the families I had called for "advice" before we left for UA. I asked her, "Brenda, we're thinking of adopting three instead of two. Are we nuts?" She replied, "Yes, but the world needs more nuts." It was soooo cool that of all the orphanages in Ukraine, we wound up at "theirs." It's a small world!

Wisconsin Ukies
Reunited!
Forever Friends
Hmmm...

No comments: