Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Tummy Babies or Dyetsky Dom Babies?

Tonight as I was tucking Liana in, (or "Talking her in" as Aleksa would say!), Liana said, "Mama, when I get bigger, I won't live with Mama and Papa." I told her she was right, that she would maybe live with her husband and children.

She got quiet and then said, "Will it hurt when they cut open my tummy to take the babies out?" I told her it probably would, but that it would be ok. She got quiet again. "I think maybe I go to a dyetsky dom for my babies." I told her that was a good idea. She said, "Maybe I'll get three children." I told her that was a good idea, but then I whispered in her ear, "But, just so you know, Liana, it's a LOT of work to get three kids at one time." Her eyes got really big and she said, "I think I only get one baby, Mama." Then she started to list off all the things I did today. I helped her out just a bit... ;O) I thought it was cute, but I do hope she (and her brother and sister) are open to the idea of adopting when the time comes for them to be parents. Such a wonderful, amazing experience.
---
I just got an email tonight from a family considering adopting three kids at once. Yay! Another "big" sibling group coming home! I'm so excited to hear of others considering more than two kids at once. It is definitely a lot of work, but wow, has it been worth ever drop of sweat. There are soooo many sibling groups of healthy, wonderful kids in Ukraine ready for their papas and mamas to come get them.

No comments: