Tuesday, January 04, 2005

"Talk me in!"

I'm sorry for the short posts lately. The kids have been sick. Today was a killer. Adam threw up all over the kitchen and once in a wastepaper basket. This med is terrible. The girls seem to feel queasy too, but Adam has had the worst of it, especially after today. I'm exhausted.

And since I was exhausted, John and I did a "quick" tuck-in for the kids tonight. (We usually have a chat with each before we kiss them good night). Aleksa goes first since she's the littlest and in the most need of all the zzz's she can get. She was disappointed that we were rushing things tonight, and said, "No, I want tuck in!" And we assured her that we were already doing so. "No! I want to talk! Talk me in!" I guess our "tucking in" has sounded like "Talking in." I thought that was cute.

Another cute thing was that since it was lay around and be sick day, tonight we watched the Wizard of Oz again since it has to go back to the library tomorrow anyway. Liana and I were singing some of the songs in the kitchen tonight before we started watching it, and we were singing the Munchkin song... Liana changed the words a bit and combined two completly different songs... "and in the name of the Lollipop Can, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"

Last night I started watching some video we took when the kids first came home. I had been thinking that our kids didn't speak English yet, but after watching those clips, BOY, do our kids speak English! They wouldn't even understand themselves if we let them watch these clips, and I just might set one up for them to watch tomorrow if they (and I!) are up to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly,

Honestly, your photos have me smiling. Adam is a very handsome boy. I think his looks have changed the most. The girls are lovely. We have a 4 year old we adopted from Russia. Her first choice is also to be the big boss. I use this expression a lot. "I am the boss and I am a good and fair boss." I ask her, "who is the boss, Tata?" Less and less she is saying, "I the boss, Mommy". So as not to bore you and others with my opinion, it is suffice to say it is a mild symptom of anxious attachment issues.
I hear you about throwing up being a killer. It is the one aspect of parenting I still cannot tolerate. I usually throw out anything throw up affected!
Warmly,
Melinda