Monday, July 23, 2007

Adam's "friend" and Bing Cherries

Big weekend. Our church celebrated it's 150th annversary this weekend, and it really was quite the extravaganza. One of the previous pastors from 50 years ago was even in attendance! Lots of food, visiting, etc. this weekend.

One of the people who was "visiting" with Adam was another 12-ish year old girl. Long blonde princess tresses, batty eyelashes, etc. She followed Adam around allllllll day yesterday, and they spent the afternoon talking, playing frisbee, etc. Another family brought this infatuation to my attention and I must say, I stood there for several minutes blinking with wide eyes.

I needn't have worried to much, though, because when we asked Adam about her on the way home, he didn't even know her name. Guess we're safe a little while longer... *shudder*

Spent the morning pitting cherries. I bought 20 (or was it 25?) pounds of Michigan cherries from the lady who got me my peaches and pears last summer. Well, the cherries are wonderful, but uh, what on EARTH do I do with that many of 'em? lol! I've never used fresh cherries for ANYthing, and I seriously am scratching my head on this one! (They sounded good at the time... but uh....) ;O) Anyone want to share a tried and true "what-to-do-with-fresh-cherries" recipe? *hangs head in total embarassment* shelly@johnandshelly.net

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a LOT of cherries. My friend Julie freezes them. What about cherry pies? cherry muffins? cherry cake? and bags and bags of frozen cherries..
I'll dig a good recipe out for you!

Kate x

Anonymous said...

Oh, I guess I didn't say so, but yes, I have frozen them. Just don't know what on earth to do with them now! lol!

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm sure you have seen this site, but allrecipes.com has a Ukrainian Cheresh-something-something Cherry recipe. Says you can use fresh cherries, too! Search "Ukrainian Cherry" and it should pull up the recipe. The author of the recipe (Olga Drozd)has a lot of other Ukrainian things on there too. Good luck! --Laurel in Tulsa

Missy said...

I remember being that 12 year old girl...good thing boys don't seem to notice them quite yet. :) As far as the cherries, I have no clue. Never been much of a cherry person. Sorry!