Thursday, July 12, 2007

Here's the deal...

Just got an email the other day that completely cracks me up. Apparently my "Top Secret" here on my blog has really really buggin' people more than I thought! LOL!

----
"Okay, it's serious bribe time.

Would you be willing to let me in on the secret of Little Fish's gender if I promised to knit you with my VERY own hands a yummy cashmere baby ensemble????

C'mon, I'm desperate, and I'm beyond pleading, I'm ready to play completely un-fair.

I PROMISE I'll keep it a secret!! LOL"
----

How could I possibly say no to such grovelling?!!!

Ok, here's the deal. If you *realllllly* can't stand being out of the loop, go ahead and email me. I'll spill it. Ya don't even hafta knit me anything. ;O) shelly@johnandshelly.net

You never know, though... sometimes the doc is wrong! I just read YESTERDAY a website http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/f/firstbabymckee/ (check the "My Journal" section) of a lady who thought she was having a boy, and delivered a little girl. BIG shock! Sometimes it's good to "not know" I guess!

7 comments:

Missy said...

I have to admit...I'm sooo CURIOUS! But maybe I do want to be surprised. Something to make me come back, um, everyday? Can you say addicted to the Fisher family?? :)

Anonymous said...

(Just so ya know, Missy, I check in on your blog every day too! I admire your recent attempt to make gourmet food... Can't even pronounce that thing you made the other day! Good for you though! I usually just stick with meatloaf!) ;o)

Anonymous said...

I really really like the idea of not knowing. I kinda think it's one of the last few unknowns...
BUT when everyone else knows, well then that's hard!!!!
I am gonna have to mull this over and decide what is best to do! lol um can you say you have an addicted fan here to?
Kate x

Anonymous said...

Hey yep it is us that got a surprise. We ended up with a girl after being told it was a boy but for some reason God had other plans and we are so thankful for our little blessing.

I think I will wait Shelly. I don't want to know what you are having. It's just a huge blessing to be pregnant and give birth as I desperately know even though I didn't have to wait as long as you and go through as much pain as you have.

Just don't buy everything for the one sex because we learned the hard way they can be wrong. God works in mysterious ways!!!! He wants to keep letting us know He is in control and doesn't want us to know everything!

Anonymous said...

Oh and by the way...at this hospital it happened twice (supposed to be a boy and was a girl) in 2 days. Another lady's baby was born June 24 and it was a surprise girl and ours was born June 26 and was a surprise girl.

Anonymous said...

Shelly's other sister, Jackie, had two daughters and was pregnant with her third baby about 25 years ago. The doctors told her the baby was a boy...but...you guessed it! She had a little girl. That was tough on Jackie then, but Jenna turned out to be just what the doctor ordered. It happens. I do hope the doctors are right this time, though. I really love the name my little sister and her hubby have picked out for the baby. If they don't get to use it, I will cry!! (Or, I can always get another puppy!) (I have the perfect name all picked out, just in case!!) Sharon

vodkamartini said...

As the author of the groveling e-mail, I've got two things to say.

1. I'm happy to have been the subject of one of Shelly's entries.

2. I'm REALLY happy I know.

Gotta get knittin!!

:)