Thursday, July 19, 2007

Mornin'


Mornin' everyone. Didn't sleep well at all last night, and tossed and turned. Hate that. Slept in, and the kids enjoyed a morning of playin' without Mama lookin' over their shoulder. Didn't break their hearts at all! lol! (Gotta enjoy this while I can! I'm afraid such freedom is on the way out the window come November!)

A few minutes ago, I looked out the window to see Liana's killdeer again, and as I announced that to her, I grabbed the camera, walked to the window, and snapped a perfect picture. Liana was Rather Annoyed that it took me two seconds when it took her TWO DAYS. lol! I told her it was all in the wrist. ;O) We really do need to get ourselves a nice birdfeeder. We have all kinds of pretty birds up here, but just a few fly past our window. I've seen what I assume is an indigo bunting fly through the neighborhood just a few days ago.

Yesterday the kids and I did a big bakin'/cookin' day. I wrote out simple recipes for each kid, and they each went at it (with a little help from Mama, of course.) Aleksa made meatloaf (she loves the squish-it-together part!), and Adam made Rice Krispie Treats. Liana made peanutbutter cookies. I musta done something more than just supervise, 'cause my back is killin' me. Oh yeah, I scrubbed the floor and cleaned up afterwards. Lots of sugar wound up on the floor. (Among other things!) Low-key day today. Probably vacuum and dust, and I have a load of laundry going, but otherwise, nothing major planned other than grocery shopping tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

somehow dear shelly, you make even cleaning sound wholesome!!

rest that back!

Kate x

Missy said...

She probably doesn't realize that Mama didn't go running around scaring the poor thing. :) Sounds like you probably had some yummy food.

p.s. Meatloaf was my first ever "real" cooking experience. I was 6 and loved the squishing part too. Hate it now!