Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Circus!

We got to take 'em to the circus today!! Yay!!! John's dad got some free tickets from his work, so we were able to take the entire family for the cost of just one adult ticket. No problem! So, the grandparents, cousin Glenn, and we all got to go.

They kept asking all day long if it was time to go to the "circle" yet. Liana especially kept her eye on the clock most of the day. At one point she held up four fingers and said, "Four minute, circle." (She meant, "At four o'clock, we're going to the circus!")

I had forgotten that they played the National Anthem at the circus, and it caught me off-guard. I got all emotional (as usual) when it played. This time the flag just really means a lot more to me now that we have three new Americans standing under it. Oh, how I hope they love their new country as much as we do! Anyway, I got all choked up and had to really shake it off. That's another reason I'm so happy to have adopted internationally... To give a child/ren the chance to be citizens of OUR country.

Anyway, that was another first. It has been so much fun to see their reactions to all the "firsts" that they have experienced these last two months. They say that adopting an "older child" means that you won't get all the "cool firsts" that you would adopting a younger child. Whatever! We just get to jump right into the FUN stuff, and then enjoy THOSE firsts! (I sure haven't cried a tear over not having to change that "first diaper!") If we'd adopted an infant, by the time they were 9, they would be bored silly with all the things that they think are the cat's meow right now. I think it is so cool how God gives us what we never planned and makes it so completely perfect for you. I sure never played house as a child and pretended I adopted a 9,6 and 4 year old! I was "supposed" to have them in my tummy. I'm sooo, so very happy that it didn't work that way. If even one of my miscarriaged babies had lived, there is no doubt that we never ever would have adopted, and certainly not a sibling group of three. And then what would have become of Adam, Liana and Aleksa? Yup, good thing God knows best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You certainly are blessed to have these precious darlings! you also are blessed to have such an involved family. Love reading the sweet notes from "Mom!" Lucky you, John, and the kids to have someone so loving! :)
Ariane from TTC

Anonymous said...

Loved your post! Thanks for sharing. All I can think of is the scripture "He makes the barren woman a joyful mother of children" (I held on to that one a LOOOONG time when I had a QUIET house). You are blessed! --Laurel in Tulsa