Wednesday, October 20, 2004

More Shots!

Today I took all three kids in for another set of shots. They loved that. Not! Actually, though, when I told the kids we were going to the doctor to get some shots, Liana strangly said, "Yay!!!" and jumped up and down and clapped. Weird kid. Adam fake-cried and pouted, and Aleksa blinked and wondered what Mama was talking about. When we walked into the clinic though, it hit her like a ton of bricks and she started crying. A pitiful woe-is-me cry. They were good though, and didn't go postal on me or anything. Adam got quite angry and started crying and pouting and complaining as soon as it was his turn for The Shots. He sure doesn't like them! (Who does though, right?) (Ok, except Liana!) Aleksa wouldn't let me take her coat off, so the nurses had me pull down her pants instead and they gave them to her in her thighs. She screamed, but only until it was done. Then she shut off the tears pretty fast. Liana bravely rolled up her sleeves, smiled at the nurses, and didn't even flinch or whimper. She's the toughie in the family. She'd make a good marine if she wasn't so tiny!

Speaking of tiny, I can't believe how the kids are growing. I know I've mentioned Adam before, but my sil pointed out to me that Aleksa is also growing, and the reason we know that is because she and her son used to be the same height, and now she is clearly taller than he is. Liana is actually even getting a tummy on her, though I haven't noticed any big change in height. My babies are growing up! No!!!!!!!

After the trip to the doc, we stopped at Walmart for some school supplies. I got them each new scissors so they don't have to use mine all the time. They couldn't wait to get home, and when they did, within a half hour, my kitchen looked like a papershredder when haywire. There were little tiny pieces of paper all over the floor, the table, etc. (I usually make them wait until we actually have a project that we are doing before I allow them access to the scissors... but I had to let them break them in, right?)

I got a catalogue that I ordered online (for free!) from Sonlight curriculums. I hadn't heard of them before, but I had noticed a lot of people saying great things about them on different homeschool Yahoo groups. If anyone knows anything about it, I'd love to hear your input! From what I saw in the catalogue, it really sounds like my cup of tea.

Oh, Liana has a cold sore now! :O( The poor girl can't stand the itch and it has spread a little. I'm relieved though, that at least I didn't give it to her! (I get those too). I would feel bad for the rest of my/her life if I had been the one to give it to her. Since Aleksa also gets them, I'm really wondering if Adam will too. Who knows!

No comments: