Sunday, October 03, 2004

Cuties!

Last night I layed out the girls' clothes for church in the morning. This morning *bright and early*, there was a knock on our bedroom door, and when I woke up and opened the door, our two adorable little girls were standing there all dressed and clutching their bibles all ready to go. It was TOOOOOOOO cute. I gave them big hugs and told them how good they were and how pretty, etc. I wish I had a picture of it. They are both beautiful girls, but boy, they look rough with their botched haircut and their road-rash nose.

Anyway, I threw on a robe and went out to the livingroom and read to them a little while before it was "really" time to get ready. Peter Rabbit... they love it. Liana can almost tell the story in English now, minus the complete sentences. "Lopsy, Mopsy, Popsytail and Petow wabbit. Mama 'bye-bye!' Petow bad boy. Mama said "no, no." Gwe-gwego (Mr. McGregor) bad. Gwe-gwego said, "Stop!" Petow, water, sick! Mama tea." It's too cute.

Tonight I told Adam to go get into his pj's and when he came out the popcorn would be ready. The girls were playing in their room and didn't know about the "popcorn plan" yet. Adam scrambled to his room and was out in a flash. Then I said, "Adam, go tell the girls to get their pajamas on and then come and eat some popcorn." So, Adam excitedly ran down to their room, burst in the door, shouted, "Pajamas! Eat popcorn!" And that was it. It surprised me that he didn't fill in the blanks in Russian, but he didn't, and apparently there was no need to. The girls were also in their jammies in no time flat ready for their treat.

No comments: