Saturday, October 23, 2004

This morning I sorted through Adam's drawers thinking I was just going to pull out his shorts. I started looking more closely and noticed that he had actually outgrown most of his clothes already. Oy. I had to actually pull half of everything he had. He was really proud of his growth spurt, and though he hated to see a few of his favorite shirts go, he changed his tune when I mentioned we could send them to his friends back in Ukraine. Then he actually started to put clothes that he CURRENTLY wears into the "to go" pile. He kept saying that they'd like that one, or this one, or they wouldn't like that one, etc. He was very proud of being able to help his old friends out.

After the startling realization that our son has so few clothes, I piled him in the car and went off to find him a few more things. John watched the girls. Adam and I had a great time. I think this was the first time I have taken just Adam anywhere. I feel kinda bad about that. He needs more one-on-one time from each of us. Though it happens more often with John, that mother-son thing needs to be cultivated more too.

We went to my aunt's cabin this afternoon. It was freezing cold out, but we had a great time. They had a nice fire going outside, so that helped. Aleksa got her finger slammed in the door, so that was a bummer. She didn't break it, but boy did it smart. Instant bruise. She finally stopped crying when someone gave her a bandaid and a pumpkin-shaped cut-out cookie.

Adam had a great time chasing around a great big dog. Too bad we don't live out in the country; he'd love a big dog, and John would too. (We'd have to get two dogs though, because I love smaller dogs!)

Oh, John told me I had to add this story from suppertime. Liana decided she didn't want to finish her own supper, but wanted Adam's instead. I said, "Liana, you need to eat your own food." After she said, "nuh-uh," I then added, "Well, then tough boogers, you can't have Adam's." She then said, "WHAT? BOOGERS? Ya ni budu (I'm not going to) eat it boogers!"

That just reminded me of a story I should have added to the Circus post. When we were walking into the building, there was a lady outside the door smoking. As we passed her, Liana said to her, (LOUDLY), "FOOOOOOOOO!!!" Talk about wanting to make a quick exit (or entrance as was our case!)

No comments: