Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Aleksa sick

The older kids were a million percent better behavior-wise today. Adam and Liana were extra snuggly and affectionate today and cooperated all over the place. We have some Really Awesome little kids. They just have "off days" like the rest of us I guess. No ink on the carpets, no paintings hung outside. No sippy-cups contaminated. It was a great day. Except!

Aleksa is not feeling well now. She had a fever of 102 before the tylenol/whatever-it-was kicked in. Poor little kid. She asked to take two naps today, and was pretty much a dishrag all day. I had both girls sleep in the same bed for one of the naps and I layed with them. It was so nice to have two sleeping little girls snuggle with me, (a little slice of heaven!), but it made for my nose to inevitably itch like crazy since I couldn't move my arms. I used poor Aleksa's head to scratch it once or twice. (Shhhh).

I took Adam and Liana to Patch Club tonight and left John with the little patient. I don't think he's ever been home alone with Aleksa yet, so this was a great chance for some quality time - even though she was sick. John said they read lots of books together.

Patch Club had "backwards night" tonight, so the kids had to wear all their clothes backwards. That was a toughie to explain to them; they thought I had lost my mind. (I'm sure they were relieved to see everyone else wearing their clothes backwards too!) I didn't get a chance to talk much to the leaders, but they said they did "fine." Hopefully they would have told me otherwise! It is so hard to find out from the kids what went on, but we picked out a few words like "chocolate" (for the treat), and "outside" for the game. Who knows what all happened! When I came down to get them, another boy was helping Adam write some answers in his Patch book. Nice that he took him under his wing a bit; (wasn't surprised, the other boy is a great kid!) Liana was wearing a fancy necklace that apparently another girl had given her. SHE LOVED it! I'm sure we'll have a hard time getting it off of her!

When we came home tonight, I took note of the backseat. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. We have two carseats back there! Such a beautiful sight. I just can't believe we have little kids!!!!! :O) :O) :O)

Adam and Liana have wanted to stand out on the lawn every night this week waiting for John to come home from work. Liana has also been waking herself up extra early so she can say goodbye to John in the mornings before he goes to work. Hopefully he'll STAY at work from now on, but there hasn't been any news of a lift on the rotating lay-off.

I'm missing going over to my Dad's. With everyone being sick, John needing to take the car to work, etc., I haven't had much of an opportunity to get over to Dad's recently. I feel awful about that. Dad, I miss you! I guess our blessing of having all these kids has the negative of not being as free and loose anymore. I hope you're ok, and I hope you know how much I love you and that I wish I could be in more than one place at once to help you out some more. I'll try to get over there soon to mop that floor. (((hugs))) The kids have begged more than once this week to go see Grandpa. I got your note, btw! Thank you! xox

Ok, now that I'm all emotional and bawling my head off, I need to put myself to sleep. Aleksa's tylenol should wear off at about 2:00a.m., so it is going to be a long night of checking on kids. Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope little Aleksa is better soon. Your blog made me a little weepy today, too. Just the thought of 2 carseats and snuggling in bed with little ones makes me SO hopeful that my adoption(s) will work out. You are very blessed!!! Take care, Shelly, and keep sharing your wonderful family stories.... they are a godsend for us trying-to-adopt parents-to-be. Jo from the ttc adoption board