Monday, September 20, 2004

Stressful few days

Yesterday the kids did great at church again, although after church was over, Adam got really wound up when one of the adults tried to tickle his sides. That was all it took to get him waaaay overstimulated and wouldn't calm down. A man came up to me and told me Adam was being naughty, and told John he needed a spanking. *Sigh*. (Btw, in case you're curious, NO we did NOT go home and spank our kid.)

It is now midafternoon of Monday, and as a typical busy-to-the-max mom, I cannot remember anything else about yesterday anymore. It's a good thing I've been writing my blog entries in the morning when "yesterday is still fresh."

Today John went off to work again after having been layed off last week. Well, when he got to work he discovered that he was also layed off THIS week. How is THIS going to be paying our bills I wonder? *trying not to worry, but when there are suddenly three extra mouths to feed, it is a little difficult* Also, Adam woke up with a fever and told us that he threw up in the night. He's been a limp dishrag all day. Poor kid.

Anyway, the kids' naptime is up, so off I go again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh you get all these great NEW PARENT experiences condensed all together! I had to laugh when you said someone told you to spank your child. That happened to me at church too! But mine was 3 and having a major separation anxiety fit at the nursery. (No I didn't spank mine then either) You go, girl! You're doing awesome... way beyond awesome even! Hope kiddos are feeling well soon. Laurel in Tulsa

Anonymous said...

Hi John and Shelly, I will keep you in my prayers! Oh how I know to well what it feels like when layoffs come your way! It happened to Ron and I right after the twins were born! I will keep you in my prayers! ( you guys already are but I know what to pray specifically for)
As for what people say. I am sorry that happened to you! I know that feeling oh too well! You are all in my prayers! Keep focused on the Lord!! You are both doing a wonderful job. Psalm 16:8, Kelly Wigdal

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Someone telling you to spank your child is just rude. I'm glad that you didn't take their advice! I know that people just LOVE giving out unsolicited parental advice! You are doing a wonderful job!!!!!!!! I always tell myself that whenever kids are acting up the most, they need love the most! It's hard to remember, though. LOL
Ariane from TTC

Anonymous said...

Shelly,

About the someone coming up and telling John he needs to spank his child-have you thought of telling your Pastor what happened and who said somthing like that to you? Maybe he could inform the Church members that they should not be giving such advice to you and explain to them that you are doing a fine job of parenting and know what your children need more than others do. Just my 2 cents worth.

Praying for all of you.