Sunday, September 19, 2004

Squirt Guns

Yesterday my brother gave us his couch and we gave him ours. Great trade for us since his was a nice sectional. Adam happened to find a squirt gun in my brother's van as they were shuffling around the furniture, and my brother gave it to him. My first instinct was to say "No Way, Jose." But, he is a boy, and boys love squirt guns, so I got over it and let him have it.

A few hours later Adam had put some red-dye-looking "stuff" inside the squirt gun barrel and squirted it all over the girls' room. After nearly strangling him to find out what the red stuff was, we found out that Adam had taken my red pen with the ink-cartridge (liquid-ink-type), broken it open, dumped it into the squirt gun, put some water into it, and then had a good ol' time.

It took a loooooooong time of scrubbing and carpet-cleaning, but we got most of it out. Miracle of miracles. Mama was not impressed with his curious streak yesterday... ;O)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a completely different thought when I read your post. I was thinking that this kid must be pretty smart. That was a clever idea.

Anonymous said...

I thought that too!! You've got some pretty smart, creative kids! :-)

I agree with your comments in the previous post! Isn't it great to fall asleep exhausted but in a good way?? Things sound like they are going fine. It took 6 months before I felt confident about public outings and really, only now at a year do I feel like I can sail through a day without being on edge! Hang in there!

KAMMI in Illinois

Shelly said...

Yes, Adam is very creative. It's just in a scary way sometimes! I wonder how fast Einstein's mom went gray? ;O)