Monday, September 20, 2004

Messes!

I already mentioned in my last post that Adam was sick. He threw up this afternoon before supper. All down the hall, on the wall, etc. I've never used my carpet shampooer so often as these last few days! I used it earlier this morning when, after staying out of the livingroom/kitchen for more than five minutes because I was talking to John about his lay-off, one of the kids got out a popsicle, and then as they ate it (in the livingroom, which is off-limits for food), it melted allllll over the carpet. (Of course, no one was willing to fess up, but Aleksa had a very red and sticky face.) It wasn't a regular popsicle either.. It was one of those fruit-types that are bright, bright red. Don't worry; everyone is still alive and well at the Fisher house. ;O)

After the girls got up from their naps, Aleksa didn't make it to the toilet in time, so I got to clean up that mess too. Three ucky messes in one day. That's a record for our house. Maybe we'll call Month 2 the "Month of the Carpet Shampooing." We'll see! (I hope this is the end of it for a while. At least 'til we go shopping next... we're running out of shampoo!)

I noticed today that the kids are almost always calling each other by their new names now. In fact, Aleksa slipped once today and called Adam "Misha," and Adam informed her that he wasn't Misha anymore. He's the most proud of being Ukrainian of the three, but he's also very happy to be here in America, and proud as punch to be an American. I hope that never changes!

They're really starting to use a lot of English words now, but they are "Russifying" some of the English words they know. Like today Liana asked for some bread, and so she asked me for some "breadchik," and later "breadichka." That's just one that comes to mind, but they are doing that all over the place.

I read Adam a long version of Cinderella this afternoon, and it was one that he had already known, so as soon as he's a little more perky, I'm going to take a video of "his version."

I'm exhausted. Time for bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelly, I'm glad you have that carpet shampooer. It is certainly getting a workout!! I have to echo a comment from a previous blog that your son is wise beyond his years! For him to invent the ink and water and squirt gun fiasco is pretty incredible for a 9 year old. And, yes, I'm sure Einstein's Mom had gray hairs:) How neat that they are picking up English so quickly! Oh, I hope I can learn Russian that easily. (no chance of that) Thanks for sharing you and your kids' lives- you have given me hope that I can successfully adopt fromt he Ukraine. Jo from the ttc adoption board