Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Aleksa's New Haircut (!)

Tonight while I was making supper, I got out the hair clippers to do John's hair after we ate. While I was busy cooking, Aleksa opened the box, got out the scissors, and you guessed it, played beauty shop on her hair. I thought I was the bad hair-cutter in this house. Nuh-uh. Aleksa takes that prize now.

I grabbed the camera and taped a video and snapped a few pics. Her sister and brother made fun of how funny she looked, and I think that was "lecture" enough for her. She cried and cried. I didn't bother with a lecture of my own; I'm pretty sure she learned her lesson.

Not sure how we're going to fix that haircut, but John thinks we should just leave it and let it grow out on its own. It does make for a good conversation-starter...

Aleksa's Bad Hair Day
...and another shot

3 comments:

Tamra said...

Oh NO!!! My son just did that, but you can buzz a boy. Poor thing, she looks so sad!

Tamra
http://www.modernmother.jaimemavie.com/hopechild

Anonymous said...

Shelly,

Apparently Alexa and my Tatiana have similiar syling ideas. Tatiana mauled her hair in June and looked like a punk rocker. I just had it trimmed up and now she looks like a boy. Three months later and I still don't find it really funny! Whats worse is when we should up at the beauty salon she announced with pride, "I did my hair myself". She's a pistol. My Italian Grandmother keeps reassuring me it is going to grow back thicker now!

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelly! My 4 year old has cut her hair four times in a year and a half, and the first one was similar to your Aleksa's! The scalp-short bangs will grow back; I found that I could make it look better by just leaving it alone. Any intelligent passerby KNOWS they did it to themselves and doesn't secretly think you are a terrible hairstylist! I'm so sorry! We even have a family portrait hanging on the wall with her hair like this. Not the best, but it's authentic history! Hair grows back! --Laurel in Tulsa